SOME IMPORTANT HINTS ON HAIR CARE HOW TO SHAMPOO THE HAIR?
Before shampooing, massage the hair by gently pulling on each strand to invigorate the scalp. Take your time to do a good job and to create a relaxed feeling in the scalp area.
Next, brush the hair with a soft or a medium bristle brush. Start from the nape of the neck and proceed upwards towards the scalp. Cover all the areas of the scalp to remove dust and dead scalp tissue.
Rinse the hair with warm water.
Knowing how to shampoo the hair properly can help you in taking extra care for your hair.
Normal healthy hair requires some sort of hair dressing to hold it in place. Hair oils make ideal dressing but too much oil can dull its natural luster and make it look greasy and dull. When the scalp is healthy, the sebaceous glands supply the hair with sufficient oils to keep it supple.
But if you feel oil is a must for you here are some oils you can prepare at home. They will make hair not only healthy but also give the body and shine at the same time. Shampoo into your hand and work this into the scalp with rotating fingertips.
Continue massaging in the shampoo through the different sections of the scalp. When you have covered the entire scalp area, rinse with warm water. Replace the shampoo and this time concentrate on cleansing the hair strands.
Rinse hair again till all the traces of shampoo are removed. The final rinse should be either of 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lime juice diluted in warm water. This final rinse helps to remove the last traces of soap scum and makes the hair infinitely more bouncy and shiny. You should always keep vinegar in your bathroom. Eight parts water to one part vinegar and' you can use straight from the bottle. It makes the hair soft full of lights and really shiny.
Squeeze out excess water from the hair and towel dry. Never use excessive shampoo, excessive shampooing can weaken your hair. Therefore, stretch out time between washings with dry shampoo.
Sprinkle finely ground corn meal through the scalp making partings to get it in thoroughly. Leave it on for 1 to 2 hours or even a few minutes will do if you are in a hurry then brush it out outdoors. In addition to cleansing the scalp it will make the hair shiny and help remove persistent dandruff.
This type of shampooing to clean the hair should be specially resorted too by sick people or people who are bedridden and are not allowed to wash their head. Know how to shampoo with another way of giving instant good looks to your hair by spraying some cau de cologne or lavender water on a brittle brush and brush it through your hair. This removes any excess grease and dirt and leaves your hair sweet smelling. If your hair is very dirty, cover the brush with a stocking or a piece of cloth, put the cologne on that and then brush to make the hair really clean. Oat meal and ground almonds also make excellent dry shampoos, they should be used in the same way as corn meal.
Nutmeg oil: Mix 3 ounces of pure olive oil, 1 teaspoon oil of nutmeg and 1 drop of lavender. Heat together over boiling water, bottle and use sparingly.
Hibiscus oil: 12 dried hibiscus flowers. 250 gram coconut oil, a few drop of lavender. Heat the oil over hot water, and the flowers and the heat for about 15 minutes. Set down and cool, add lavender. Set aside whole day, filter and bottle.
Gooseberry oil: 1 kilo gooseberries, 1 kilo tit oil, 1 teaspoon sandalwood oil, % liter fresh cow's milk. Cut the gooseberries into pieces removing the seed. Soak them in water for 3 to 4days. Now boil the gooseberries in the water in which they were soaked till the quantity is reduced to half. Cool thoroughly and mash.
Now heat the til oil along with smashed gooseberries and milk. Heat on a slow fire; keep stirring it constantly to prevent it from over boiling. When the sediment settles at the bottom and the oil floats on the top remove from fire. Set aside for one day and then filter out the oil. Add sandalwood oil and bottle.
The above given were some natural shampooing techniques, however one should know how to shampoo properly to get that everlasting hair looks.
Top 5 Biggest Hair Mistakes
1. Washing your hair everyday - Unless you have oily hair, it is not necessary to wash your hair everyday. The natural oils in our hair prevent it from drying out, and actually help in achieving some looks such as up-dos and spiral curls. If you have combination hair (oily scalp, dry ends), just wash the hair around the scalp and leave the ends. For those who just can't stand to go a day without washing their strands, try a gentle cleansing shampoo with natural moisturizing agents. A good one to try is the ISH Color Lock Shampoo, which uses coconut and jojoba to add a moisturizing aspect to this pure cleanser.
2. Sticking by the same product - Think of hair products as exercise. When you do the same exercise day in and day out, your body get used to it and the initial results diminish. If you vary your work out routine, however, the outcome is much better. Hair is no exception. Your tresses get used to certain products, just as your body acclimates to certain exercises. To keep you hair looking in top condition, change your shampoos, conditioners, and other products at least once a month. You can use the same type of products, just in different brands for the same effect. For example, one month try Matrix Sleek Look Smoothing Shampoo and next month, switch to Redken Smooth Down.
3. Skipping your deep conditioning treatment - Even if you don't heat style your hair often, it's important to use a deep conditioner at least once every two weeks. If you have oily hair and are afraid of hair being weighed down, simply pair the deep conditioning treatment with a clarifying shampoo. An excellent deep conditioner is the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Deep Conditioner and a good clarifying shampoo is the Kenra Clarifying Shampoo.
4. Always wearing your hair tied back - Wearing your hair pulled tightly back does several negative things. First off, it can pull on the scalp causing possible breakage. Also, your hair can become trained to lie in a pulled back fashion so that when you do want to wear looser styles, you may have a hard time. Last but not least, your current hair cut is not suited to your lifestyle if you must always wear it up! It is understandable that some of us have jobs requiring us to wear our hair pulled back. If this is the case for you, I suggest wearing your hair down when you sleep or wearing it down during your days off. If you must wear your hair back while sleeping, use a scrunchie instead of a rubber band.
5. Using heated appliance with styling products - About 95% of styling agents, such as mousses, hair sprays, and gels, contain plastic polymers and alcohol. When plastic polymers are applied to the hair and then used with a heated appliance, like a flat iron or blow dryer, the plastic actually melts onto the hair, creating an unhealthy build-up. Unfortunately, it takes more than a simple shampooing to get rid of the residue. Alcohol is known to be very drying. Apply alcohol to the hair in combination with a heated styling tool and you're drying and frying your hair simultaneously. If you must use heat and styling products together, try some of the new all natural styling products, such as ISH I Love My Hair Styling Spray, which utilizes rice starch as its holding agent.
Yoga provides numerous benefits to the body and mind. It is a peaceful, energizing practice that we all should partake in.
Yoga has been around for many centuries. It originates from India and means ?union'; A union of the body, mind and breath. There are about forty different types of yoga and each is a positive way to reduce these negative factors in our lives. Even if you are practicing only the physical part of yoga you will benefit greatly. Yoga isn't just for the spiritually minded people; everyone can benefit. It seems as though many people feel that there are not great benefits from yoga because one doesn't work up a sweat and get the heart pumping. This is not true, yoga is a calming practice and it works at strengthening the central nervous system and keeping it healthy.
If you find that time is a factor for not pursuing yoga, and it is difficult for you to join a class, there are many yoga tapes available. Most of them require twenty to thirty minutes of your time a day. You could practice in the morning or before bedtime. This is a minimal amount of time to give to your body to ensure proper health and a calm state of mind. Yoga is a positive benefit for people who suffer from anxiety. It can teach you to relax and enhance inner peace.
Hatha yoga is a popular type; it focuses on breathing control. Mantra yoga focuses on chanting and can be a very spiritual practice. Power yoga is great for building stamina and strength. At any rate they all seem to provide similar benefits for your mind and body. The varieties of poses flow one into another, always breathing through the nose. Lunges, standing poses and floor stretches will make you feel as though you have found muscles you didn't know existed. After the first few times you practice yoga you will definitely feel it in your muscles the next day.
Yoga is known for decreasing health problems or fixing existing problems. It is known to help heart conditions, anxiety, carpal tunnel syndrome and various chronic conditions. It is definitely a holistic approach to healing. Many people swear by it. It is a wonderful way to start the day, especially if the weather is warm and sunny. You can practice outside in the early morning in the backyard with nothing but the birds singing around you. If you practice in the evening, take a hot bath following your yoga session. Drop some Epsom salts in the water to soothe your muscles.
When practicing some of the stretches you will need a towel or a belt. A floor mat is a good asset if you are practicing on an area that isn't carpeted. You will be impressed with the results of yoga. It tones the muscles, improves flexibility and it energizes you.
It is best to practice yoga in bare feet to minimize slipping out of poses and lunges. Just wear comfortable clothing. Light some aromatic candles, dim the lights and push play on the VCR and you are ready for a peaceful workout.
We search top stores daily so you don't have to.
For personal non-commercial use only; please check stores for current prices and exact amounts. Product specifications are obtained from merchants or third parties. Although we make every effort to present accurate information, Okto is not responsible for inaccuracies. Store ratings and product reviews are submitted by online shoppers; they do not reflect our opinions and we have no responsibility for their content.
As remuneration for time and research involved to provide quality links, we generally use affiliate links when we can. Whenever we link to something not our own, you should assume they are affiliate links or that we benefit in some way.
OKto.com - 4283 Express Lane, SUITE 003-239, Sarasota, FL 34238, p: (941) 538-6941, f: 8154253395, e: support [at] okto.com